posted on April 28, 2014 15:37
The MHSAA School Broadcast Program enters the 2014-15 school year with some exciting plans to help MHSAA member schools stream live video of athletic and other school activities at no to low cost and create fresh revenue streams for their programs.
The SBP, powered by PlayOn! Sports and the NFHS Network, is completing its fifth year, and students have streamed upwards of 10,000 games, concerts, commencements and other school events, giving them hands-on video production experience while keeping their schools in touch with their communities.
All of this content can be found under one umbrella on the web at MHSAA.tv along with coverage of MHSAA postseason tournament action. No other video streaming provider has more content from more schools in one location.
When you join the SBP, you can create a new revenue stream for your programs through the sale of subscriptions to MHSAA.tv and through advertising you can sell during the events you broadcast. Subject to specific conditions, the MHSAA Handbook now allows schools producing games on their own on the internet to stream them live on a subscription basis on MHSAA.tv, or a subscription or password-protected basis on other platforms. (NOTE: No matter which platform or provider is used, MHSAA approval is necessary to stream events live.)
SBP programs are generally operated through the existing school curriculum or as an after-school club. The MHSAA, PlayOn! Sports and the NFHS Network offer round the clock support. The MHSAA offers additional educational opportunities through field trips to selected championship events, and just this past month, the Association recognized a number of schools across the state for their hard work through the SBP Excellence Awards Program. (Check out the links below for additional information)
This spring, PlayOn! Sports acquired Digital Scout, the industry leader in high school sports statistics tracking and live gamecasts. If your school currently uses Digital Scout to track athletic data, we are pleased to let you know that your live data and stats will show up on the updated version of your school's MHSAA.tv channel. If your athletic department does not currently use the Digital Scout app, you can find more information about it at www.digitalscout.com. The football and basketball stat tracking apps are available for free.
There are a number of ways to stream video, but none are as comprehensive or do more to make you successful than the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program. We hope you’ll share this information with the appropriate members of your staff, and then to find out more information, contact John Johnson at our office at 517-332-5046 or [email protected].
Here are some links where you can learn more about the School Broadcast Program:
- Check out broadcasts from SBP schools on the MHSAA.tv website.
- Go to the School Broadcast Program page on the MHSAA Website – Click Here.
- Click Here for an article about the 2013-14 SBP Program of The Year, Montrose High School.
- Read about the SBP Excellence Award Winners by Clicking Here.
- Check out the Ford Field trip a number of SBP schools to the Football Finals made by Clicking Here.
- Watch a 3 minute promotional message about the School Broadcast Program by Clicking Here.
- Watch a 30-second promo for the SBP by Clicking Here.
- Watch a 2-minute promotional message about the NFHS Network by Clicking Here.
- Watch a one minute promotional message about the SBP subscription program by Clicking Here.