MHSAA JH/MS Cross Country Regionals
Zone 1 – Portage Central HS – Saturday, Oct. 16 @ Portage West Middle School | RESULTS
Zone 2 – Hudson HS – Saturday, Oct. 23 @ Hudson High School | RESULTS
Zone 3 – Macomb Dakota HS – Saturday, Oct. 23 @ Dakota High School | RESULTS
Zone 4 – Midland HS – Saturday, Oct. 16 @ Northwood University | RESULTS
Zone 5 – Carson City- Crystal HS – Saturday, Oct. 23 @ Carson City- Crystal HS | RESULTS
Zone 6 – Grand Rapids Public Schools – Friday, Oct. 29 @ GRPS University | RESULTS
Zone 7 – Gaylord HS – Saturday, Oct. 23 @ Michaywe Golf Course | RESULTS
Zone 8 – Marquette HS - Friday, Oct. 22 @ Gentz Homestead Golf Course | RESULTS
Here are some further details for the MHSAA JH/MS Cross Country Regional races for this Fall.
- MHSAA JH/MS Regional races can be hosted anytime during the month of October at the eight preselected sites. This determination was made by the host school.
- There is no cost and no entry fee for participation in the MHSAA JH/MS Regional race.
- The eight preselected Cross Country Regional races are one per zone (see map). Any MHSAA member JH/MS schools in that defined geographic area would be eligible to compete at the host site for their zone.
- The Regional races will be done by gender in each zone. There will be two regional races of 2 miles at each site – one girls and one boys. If race sizes get too large, a host school can separate into two sections of races per gender to better accommodate racers.
- A school can determine who will compete for that school. A school can enter no runners, one runner or 20 runners dependent upon the size of their school.
- Athletic.net will be used as the registration platform for the MHSAA JH/MS Cross Country Regional for schools, teams and individuals. Those Regional races have been created in Athletic.net and are listed on that site for entry.
- The MHSAA JH/MS Regional race will NOT be counted against the schools’ MHSAA contest limit in JH/MS Cross Country.
- MHSAA trophies and medals will be awarded in each gender. The top 20 in each gender will receive medals while the top team will also receive an MHSAA team trophy.
- MHSAA host schools will hire at least one MHSAA registered XC official to start and officiate the Regional.
- The MHSAA will provide bib numbers for each MHSAA JH/MS XC Regional race and participant.
- The admission policy will be either $6.00 per person or $10 per carload. Digital Ticketing can be used via GoFan.
Remember that a school will use Athletic.net to enter their runners, 1 to 50 and they must be an MHSAA member school at the JH/MS level in order to compete in this MHSAA event. This Regional meet DOES NOT count against their season maximum of 10 regular season meets as this is a post season MHSAA event.